POST TITLE: Child care Apprentice
SALARY: £3.00 per hour
HOURS: 30 hours per week between 8:30 am to 7pm (Break 30 Minutes)
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Line Manager
Provide an efficient and effective care support service to a designated team in accordance with organisation policy and procedures. As this is an apprentice post the job holder will be required to work in various areas and departments throughout the organisation to develop skills, knowledge and experience in all aspects of administration. This will be via on the job training and formal training sessions to establish knowledge and understanding. Have to attend regular meetings with the supervisor and assessor and attend training sessions leading to an Apprenticeship Certificate in Child care.
This consists of a QCF Qualification, a technical certificate and key skills this is a generic Job Description for all apprenticeship roles and is intended as a summary; therefore, as the roles vary, some of them may not require all of the tasks listed.
The post holder will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- To supervise children in the day to day routine.
- Helping with Daily Diaries
- Ensuring that strangers don’t get let into the building
- Helping Children with their learning, play, educational and social development.
- Learn the EYFS
- To supervise activities
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To attend all in and out of working hours activities e.g. training, meetings etc.
- Undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting e.g. preparation of snack, bottles, cleaning of equipment.
- Ensure good hygiene and cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Record accidents on the accident forms and ensure that parents sign them and when necessary a head injury form is completed and given to the parents/carers.
- Develop and maintain good relationships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day to day caring needs of the children.
- Ensure someone known to the nursery collects the children.
- To ensure all children are signed in and out.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children. Little Acorns Day Nursery
- Preparing activities to meet children individual needs.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed.
- Following direction from your supervisor, assistant room supervisor and management.
- Changing nappies and when necessary changing dirty clothes, if CRB
- Supervision at meal times.
- Upkeep of the room and garden.
- Completing your qualification within the time frame given